Mangosteen is a specialty fruit of Vietnam, which is favored by both domestic consumers and foreign ones. The Mangosteen harvest period takes place in April and May every year. This is also the time when Chanh Thu conducts cooperation to export this fruit.
In addition to the delicious and sweet taste, this fruit contains lots of nutrients and vitamins that are good for health. Mangosteen flesh is rich in nutrients such as protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and vitamins such as B1, and C, etc. which are not only good for health but also useful to treat some diseases as follows:
- Prevention of cancer: according to Organic Facts, mangosteen contains the highest concentration of xanthone with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects. The xanthones antibody inhibits colon cancer cell growth and aids in killing cancer cells when combined with a variety of therapeutic drugs.
- Anti-inflammatory: Mangosteen has long been popular in many anti-inflammatory drugs in Southeast Asian countries. Mangosteen extracts have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic effects thanks to their inhibitory effect on the release of histamine and prostaglandins - inflammatory agents in the body.
- Improvement of skin health: Mangosteen’s anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, allergic, and antioxidant effects are capable of minimizing the risk of skin diseases such as eczema, dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, and fungus. Many studies have also proved that mangosteen is very effective in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Cardiovascular protection: a number of studies show that mangosteen is able to strengthen the circulatory system and reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack thanks to its antioxidant agents.
- Prevention of diabetes: Thanks to the effects of lowering and regulating blood sugar, improving vitality, and anti-inflammation, mangosteen is an essential natural remedy for diabetics.